My Water Quality Web Portals – Contact Us
The California Water Quality Monitoring Council, in coordination with several expert stakeholder work groups, is developing a set of theme-based web portals, responding to questions commonly asked by decision-makers and the public.
We are continually working to improve the quality of the information presented in these web portals and the underlying water quality monitoring and assessment programs. We know that the initial efforts are not perfect. Please help us to make them better.
- Contact the Monitoring Council staff with your comments and suggestions.
- Attend a meeting of the California Water Quality Monitoring Council.
- Get involved in one or more of the expert stakeholder work groups.
- Master Calendar of the Monitoring Council and its Workgroups.
- My Water Quality Portals Fact Sheet
Web portal development is concentrating on the following theme areas, with web portals to be released one at a time.
- Major Update
The My Water Quality website and all portals were updated on April 28, 2016. The new format is fresh and easy to read, including enhanced navigation with drop-down menus for the portals, Monitoring Council, and work group information. Pages automatically rearrange to accommodate different sized viewing screens, such as tablets and smartphones.
- Is It Safe to Swim in Our Waters?
- Initial focus on coastal, bay, and estuarine beaches
- Released July 28, 2009
- Is It Safe to Eat Fish and Shellfish from Our Waters?
- Initial focus on sport fish
- Released December 8, 2009
- Are Our Wetland Ecosystems Healthy?
- Released March 16, 2010
- Completely redesigned portal released June 26, 2013
- Are Our Stream, River and Lake Ecosystems Healthy?
- Initial focus on streams and rivers
- Released June 15, 2012
- Are Out Rocky Intertidal (Tide Pool) Ecosystems Healthy?
- Released October 24, 2013
- Are Our Estuary Ecosystems Healthy?
- Initial focus on San Francisco Bay-Delta Estuary
- Released October 29, 2013
- Is Our Water Safe to Drink?
- Are Our Ocean and Coastal Ecosystems Healthy?
- Are Harmful Algal Blooms Affecting Our Waters?
- Released August 16, 2016
Once a portal is released, expect to see regular updates as additional information is made available. Please be patient as we roll-out this information. It will take time before all of these themes and sub-theme areas are fully developed. And expect more portals to come in the future!