Assessment Guidance: Watershed Health Assessment Evaluation
Regardless of the assessment tool selected, it is important to ask yourself:
- What are the modeling requirements?
- What are the assessment's conclusions, assumptions, and limitations?
- What do the results of the assessment from this tool mean?
- What can we infer from the results?
- What can we NOT infer?
- What is the level of certainty?
- What can we say/not say about the system from these results?
- What is the ecological/societal significance of your findings? (i.e. why do we care?)
- What is the range of relevant management recommendations?
- What are the next steps with respect to management actions, research, monitoring, data collection, analyses, etc.